You may be eligible to receive free milk, fruit and veg with Healthy Start vouchers if you are pregnant or have children under the age of 4 yrs old and in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but not working Tax Credit unless your family is receiving working tax credit as a 4 week run on payment) and has an annual family income of £16,190 or less (2013/14)
- Universal Credit (but only if your family earns £408 or less from employment)
- Income related Employment & Support allowance
If you are under 18yrs and pregnant, then you automatically qualify regardless of whether or not you receive benefits.
Vouchers can be spent on:
- Plain cows milk
- Plain fresh or frozen fruit and veg (fruit and veg with no added ingredients), whole or chopped, packaged or loose
- Infant formula milk that says it can be used from birth and is based on cows milk
An application form is available here: Healthy Start application form or alternatively we have forms available at the Children's Centre.
For more information, please call us on 01483 727900.